: Aug 4, 1971
Birthplace: Vallejo, CA
Marital Status: Single
- Four-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion (1995, 1997, 1998, 2001)
- 73 Career NASCAR Cup Victories (as of 5/20/05)
- Three-time Daytona 500 winner (1997, 1999, 2005)
- Four-time Brickyard 400 winner (1994, 1998, 2001, 2004)
- Five-time Southern 500 winner (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002)
- 1997 Winston Million winner
- Four-time Winston No Bull 5 winner
- Three-time champion of The NEXTEL All-Star Challenge (1995, 1997, 2001)
- Holds a record eight road course victories
Four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion. Three-time Daytona 500 winner. Four-time Brickyard 400 winner. And the list goes on. Jeff Gordon has combined determination, hard work and decades of experience to achieve an unparalleled roster of victories. His fans expect only the best from him, and they are rewarded at every turn with Gordon's racing agility that defines the skill of the sport.
Jeff was 5 when he began running laps at a makeshift racetrack that he and his stepfather, John Bickford, converted from a fairground in his hometown of Vallejo, California. Inspired at an early age by John to be the best he could be in everything he did, Jeff embraced racing with a natural talent and true humility.
When Jeff drove his first laps in a stock car, he declared to his parents that this was what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. His desire to race was fueled by gritty determination that has continued solidly through an unparalleled career in racing.